These stuffed peppers are hearty, lip-smacking delicious, simple to make and perfect for a quick healthy meal.
This one-dish meal is easy to prepare, full of protein, vegetables and nutrients.
You can make these ahead and just pop them in the oven when it’s close to lunch or dinner time. And, they are just as good the following day!
If you make this – I’d love to see photos of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #fizzyaholic
Print-Friendly Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers:
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
- 60 g uncooked quinoa
- 120 ml water or fish stock
- 1 onion
- 90 g sweet corn
- 125 g canned tuna brine
- 40 g Kalamata olives
- 90 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon
- 2 / 3 peppers
- Cook the quinoa. In a saucepan, add the quinoa and the water or fish stock. Bring to boil over high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Then fluff with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut and clean the peppers.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff the halved peppers with the quinoa mixture and place in a baking dish. Cover the dish in aluminium foil.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes covered. Then remove foil, increase heat to 200°C and bake for another 25 minutes; until peppers are soft and slightly golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.