If you make this – I’d love to see photos of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #fizzyaholic
Chocolate & Orange Log
- 400 g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 50 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 packets biscuits ((Digestive, Petit Beurre, Speculoos, Morning Coffee))
- 2 oranges ((rind and juice))
- 1 shot Cointreau
- In a saucepan, mix the cocoa powder, sugar, milk, margarine and 200 g dark chocolate over low heat. Stir all ingredients and melt until smooth.
- While the chocolate mixture is melting, put the biscuits into a large freezer bag, seal and crush them, until you have a bag of rubble – not dust.
- Grate the orange peel and juice the 2 oranges.
- Off the heat, add the orange juice, orange peel, and crushed biscuits to the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Tip the chocolate mixture onto a cling film, and mould into 2 long rolls. Wrap individually in cling film and wax paper. Refrigerate over-night.
- The following day, melt the 200 g dark chocolate.
- Take the logs out of the refrigerator and cover with the melted chocolate.
- When you’re ready to serve, cut into 1/2 inch slices!
MAKE AHEAD TIP (before covering in chocolate):
The logs can be made ahead, wrapped in cling film (up to 4 days ahead). It can also be frozen on the day of making, wrapped in a double layer of cling film and either wax paper or foil. (up to two weeks). Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, remove wax paper or foil. Eat within 3 days.